1. What is Retinue?
Retinue is Sri Lanka’s first online personal wedding concierge that allows couples to plan a memorable wedding in Sri Lanka in a simple and easy to use way.
The platform solves all your wedding preparation problems with an innovative online platform, taking Sri Lanka to the global playing field as an ideal wedding destination.
2. What is the fee Involved?
The best part is—it’s FREE!
3. How do I sign up?
Click on START PLANNING on your front page. Enter in your details with a username and a password. All you need a valid email address to create your account.
5. What can I do in Retinue?
You can update your wedding day timeline, track your budget, plan your wedding checklist, send and receive the RSVP’s, book vendors, venues etc. We aim to make life easy for prospective couples from “Will You” to “I Do” by bringing everything about your wedding to one place.
6. Can I mange only weddings in Retinue?
You can add and manage multiple events from your bachelors/hens’ parties, engagement, home coming etc.
7. How do I get started?
After signing up (for free), you’ll land on your personal dashboard where you’ll have a snapshot of all your wedding planning stats. Then let the planning begin by adding an event on the “My events” tab.
8. What more does Retinue offer?
Retinue offers a market place (gift registry), a blog for inspiration, travel arrangements, wedding planner and any other thing related to a wedding you want us to find.
9. How do I manage my guest list on Retinue?
The guest list manager on retinue.lk will help to keep a track of everyone on your wedding list, including RSVPs and menu preferences.
10. How do I keep track of my bookings?
Click on the “my bookings” tab in the left navigation to see all the details of the booked vendors. All the details of the booked venues and vendors will be moved to the “my bookings” tab.
11. How do I check if a vendor or venue is available?
The vendor or venue availability will be shown upon placing the booking on the site.
12. How do I know if the vendor has accepted my booking?
The bookings on the pending task on the “my bookings” will move to booked and you will be get an email confirmation as well.
13. Can I call or email or contact the vendor in other means?
Yes, you can create a chat with your vendor through our site on the “inbox” tab in the left navigation and also the contact details of each vendors/venues are provided on their vendor profiles.
14. How do I get the quotation?
Click on “request quotation only” or “request quotation and tentative booking” upon placing the booking on the site.
15. Can I change my requirements?
Yes, you can change certain requirements. Please read the Terms and Condition to find more details.
16. How do I avoid miscommunications?
Make sure to keep a track on all the decisions outlining what you agreed upon on the chat portal available on the “inbox” tab.
17. How do I pay for the vendors/ Venues?
Retinue.lk acts as an online payment platform enabling couples to pay for the vendors or you can decide with the vendor about the payment plans.
18. How do I keep track of the vendors I have requested quotations?
The “My bookings” tab includes all the details of the requested and booked venues and vendors. A summary of these are also available on the “dashboard” which shows a summary of your wedding at a glance.
19. Can I also request for tentative bookings?
Yes, this feature is available upon placing the booking on the site.
20. How do I know when the tentative booking will expire?
You will receive an email notification.
21. Can I extend my tentative booking?
Yes, you can message your vendor and extend the booking.
22. Can I manage vendors and venues not on Retinue as well?
You can visit vendors personally with the vendor details available on the vendor profile. Retinue.lk acts as your wedding magazine.
23. Can I print the details from Retinue?
Yes, retinue enables you the option of taking print outs of your checklists, budgeter, dashboard etc.
24. Can I meet the Vendors in person?
Yes, you can request an appointment with the vendor through our site by clicking “request meeting” available on the vendor profile.